Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Expect the Unexpected

Sometimes you shouldn't interfere with things that you don't understand such as the Stargate. In the movie  Stargate egyptologist Daniel Jackson translates the inscriptions on a ring known as stargate. Once he uses the inscriptions to operate the stargate he and a team led by air-force colonel Jack O'Neil travel across the universe to a distant planet. Their job is to explore the new planet. However, when they arrive at the distant planet they soon realize that they can't reopen the stargate without the right equipment. So as they try to reactivate the stargate they come across a civilization that is under the control of the Egyptian sun god Ra. While trying to find the right equipment to open the stargate Jack, Daniel, and the rest of the team are captured by Ra's minions. Once they're captured Ra tells Daniel how he plans to destroy the Earth with the bomb that Jack brought with him. They have no idea what they have gotten themselves into.

Overall this movie was confusing to me. I had a hard time understanding what the characters were talking about. For example, when Daniel Jackson and Ra are talking to each other. I had no clue as to what they were talking about because they were talking in Egyptian and there were no subtitles when they were talking. I may have missed an important scene and wouldn't have known that I did because I had no idea what they were saying. The only thing that I did like about the movie was how they went to a distant planet that was ruled by the sun god Ra. This makes the movie unique because I haven't seen any movie that has a plot like this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little thrown off by your evaluations. The summaries are great and detailed and your opening sentence does make me want to jump into your entry, but this is also supposed to depict your feelings about the movie to. Your giving the movie a review, and so far I have no idea how you feel about Stargate, and I want to know what you liked and didn't like about the movie. Back up what you say with specific details in the movie. Hope this helps! Btw this is Jess form class!

    ReplyDelete